Monday, November 30, 2009

Bride-to-Bride Part I: You Really Do Need a Backup Plan


Ah, there I am on the day before I am married, the anxious and extremely happy bride-to-be. The day of the wedding rehearsal was gorgeous and sunny, how I envisioned that every day would be in May, especially on our wedding day.

I had planned every detail of my wedding and still hired event planners. We were having a destination wedding and I was living in London at the time. I remember our discussion with Julie (one of the event planners) about having a back-up plan. I also remember completely humming "la,la,la,la" in my head about the topic too. The day would be perfect no matter what, so why was she trying to rain on my parade?

At the time, I didn't realize the importance of our conversation. I was a super organized bride, who knew exactly what she wanted and wanted NOTHING to do with the back-up plan ... at first. Who would've thought a hurricane would come through the state on my wedding day?

No comments:

Post a Comment